Jan 24, 2008

Modern Baroque

www.brocadehome.com
Say goodbye to minimalism this year. Elaborate and luxurious home furnishings and decor are now taking its place! Baroque is definitely back- I am such a girly girl and I have to say I am partial to this design style. Minimalism has never really been a word in my vocabulary. I am the girl who would fill a home with only chaise lounges and dressing tables if that was deemed practical. Brocade Home's romantic, feminine, deep hued, and ornate furniture fits me to a tee. This look is going to be all the craze this year. Brocade is thought of as "the feminine home for the 21st century". I couldn't agree more. Brocade has lovely decor at very reasonable prices.

Just launched in the Fall of '06, Brocade Home seems to already be spreading like crazy. It was created by Lisa Versacio (Lisa's the one who started West Elm, part of the William Sonoma empire). They have a semi-annual sale going on right now (savings of up to 40% off!) I especially love their chandeliers, oval chairs, and adorable gifts. I also love how even though all of their decor is very ornate, textured, and patterned, they chose to use very understated colors including silver, peony, pebble, espresso, parisian blue, ink, and ivy in most of their decor- nothing too bright and showy- just plain glamour in its most affordable form.

3 comments:

M said...

You have a fabulous blog! Great post!

Anonymous said...

I love the photos...I have alot of classic Baroque but love the modern twist on the Classical..I have seen it popping up too. People are interested in a more dramatic statement... The wallpaper is fantastic. Not a wallpaper fan here but the Baroque style and intricate pattern makes it look like texture and not your run of the mill "wallpaper".

bbhairextensions.com said...

Useful tips. When you buy components to go with that color,
it will help the fixtures combination in with the relax of the lawn.
More Info> chaise lounges