Mar 9, 2009

Colour Advice from a True Expert


I'm sure you all know by now how much time I spend with my mom- and 99.9% of that time we spend together, we end up gabbing about design. Ever since I started Material Girls, she has gotten really into design blogs. She will often call me up and tell me about a new one she discovered. Her latest blog obsession is "the color lady". She has been talking about the color lady for weeks. "Emily, this lady gives THE best paint advice! Haven't you ever heard of her? Colour me Pretty? Wait, I think it's Colour me Ecstatic? No, that's not it..." Great description mom! I'll be sure to google "colour me something".


Ends up she was talking about Colour me Happy. I have since become just as obsessed with Maria's blog as she is! Maria has been in the decorating business and specifying colors for over 10 years. She spreads her color knowledge throughout her blog and gives some really great advice...you have to read one of my favorite posts of hers here- she takes her readers on one of her color consultations and my other favorite (which rings SO true) is here

So I know I should go to sleep at some point tonight, but reading her whole blog from start to finish is too tempting. It's so refreshing to find someone else who loves color and paint as much as I do- and someone who knows what she is talking about!

Be sure to check her blog out. We loves!

5 comments:

DesignTies said...

How fantastic that you and your Mom love Maria and her blog - I thing she's great, too! I recently had Maria over at my place for a mini-consultation and I hope to write a little about the experience soon. Maria's the best! :-)
Victoria from EdinDesigns @ DesignTies

Maria Killam said...

Emily! Thanks so much for writing about me, this is so great because I didn't even know what a blog was until I stumbled upon yours one year ago! I love that story about your mom and the colour me something! Check out my blog I posted about it :) Thanks again.

Velvet and Linen said...

Maria's blog is fantastic.
I have learned so much about color and my relationship to color since I started reading her blog.
She is a wonderful addition to the design blogging community!

xo
Brooke

chanteusevca said...

Your mom was certainly on to something wonderful finding Maria's extraordinary and informative blog. She never fails to "color me happy." Great moms think alike!

Mom to would-be designing women in Texas

~~ Victoria

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys, quality information you have given!!! Arthgallo